Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting ready to say Au Revoir

Those who know me well know that I put a lot of mental preparation into
things... I am of that attitude that if I worry about something before it happens,
then once it does happen, I'm so well prepared that I am not worried at all! So
getting ready to come to France took a good 18 months of mental preparation,
on top of several months of planning. Considering we go back to Australia in a
matter of weeks, the mental preparation has started... This was our view tonight
as we decided to have a light dinner of cheese and baguette by the river. We
were sitting in my favourite spot in all of Paris (more on this soon) and it was so
beautiful.. the weather was perfect, without a cloud in the sky, the river was
bustling with people on boats, and with lots of other people doing exactly as we
were. There was a big band playing fun songs, and the atmosphere was fun and
carefree. It was the perfect way to spend an evening in Paris. Walking home, I
was noticing all the beauty around me, all of the amazing buildings with cute
little verandas, geraniumns in boxes, and people just going about their daily
Parisian life. Its going to be hard to leave this place. As much as I want to go
home, I love it here, and it really is just so beautiful. It will be hard to be
seperated from a place so magical and so much a part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment