Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Marché aux Puces de Montreuil

 
On Saturday I went to the Monreuil Markets on the outskirts of Paris. Luke came
too, but unfortunately was called in to go to work soon after we arrived. Luckily,
our friends Holly and Sam were already on their way! After some negative first
impressions, the market turned out to be great after a little bit of sifting. I found
a long black skirt for 1 euro, a pair of shorts for Baz for another euro, and a
packet of colored Polaroid film for 8euros. I was super stoked with the last
purchase, especially because I haggled him down from 12. Holly bought a
beautiful anitque looking vase (which she haggled from 40 down to 20!) and we
made friends with a few of the locals who thought we "English" were hilarious.
They even took this Polaroid for us as a souvenir. I don't think they realized how
precious this film is... I will certainly be back for more! Watch this space for Paris
Polaroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment